Inaugural Meeting of ASEAN Network on Microbial Utilization
21 February 2014
Bangkok International Trade and Exhibition Centre (BITEC), Thailand
|09:00 – 09:10 hr.
||Welcome remark by Dr. Kanyawim Kirtikara, BIOTEC Executive Director
|09:10 – 09:25 hr.
||Introduction of ASEAN Network on Microbial Utilization by Dr. Lily Eurwilaichitr
|09:25 – 11:00 hr.
||Presentations on research activities on microbial utilization in each member institute (5-10 minutes each)
- Bandung Institute of Technology, Indonesia
- University of Diponegoro, Semarang, Indonesia
- Agency for Assessment and Application of Technology (BPPT), Indonesia
- Institute of Microbiology and Biotechnology (IMBT), Vietnam National University, Vietnam
- University of Santo Tomas, the Philippines
- National Institute of Molecular Biology & Biotechnology (BIOTECH), University of the Philippines Los Banos, the Philippines
- Malaysian Agricultural Research and Development Institute (MARDI), Malaysia
- Mandalay Technological University and Technological University, Kyaukse, Myanmar (presentation is included, but send apology due to the situation in Thailand)
- Natural Sciences Research Institute, the Philippines (presentation is included, but send apology due to the situation in Thailand)
|11:00 – 11:45 hr.
- Current members and new member induction
- Capacity building
- Knowledge–sharing web portal
- Next network annual meeting
|11:45 – 12:00 hr.